Wednesday, February 20, 2008

9 Days left!

So we are starting to roll with packages! Yay! I love seeing how folks are filling the categories. Me, I'm still struggling with my something funny. I now know what I want, but am having a really hard time finding it!

Remember, in order for your partner to receive by March 7, you likely need to mail by 2/29 or, at the latest, 3/3. That leaves just over one week to wrap up. If you are going to be late FOR ANY REASON please let me know ASAP! I have my fingers crossed. . . so far everyone has been responsive to everything, so hopefully no flakes and I won't have to tap anyone who volunteered to angel. (**thinks positive so as not to jinx**)

Also, as always, I'd love to hear your feedback. It seems like everyone is having fun, which was my goal, but anything you think I could have done better, please let me know! Tell me if you'd want to do another scavenger hunt in the future (don't worry, you're not committed to signing up, just for me to gauge if I should host another!).

Happy last-minute-final Scavenging!!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

PLEASE.....PLEASE....PLEASE, hold another one. I have had so much fun deciding what to match with each category and with the overall swap. You have been a wonderful hostess and I will gladly spread the blog word if you want to do another one!

Jane Doe Jenn said...

Or course I would love to participate in another scavenger hunt! This has been soooo much fun!

I love getting notes from my secret pal, and vice versa. Maybe the next scavenger hunt would have slightly different categories (new color, new shape, new letter etc.) but keep the something local, funny, and spoiler's choice!

yarnmaniac said...

I agree with the sentiments so far. This has been the most fun swap ever! I loved finding unique things to match the categories and the recipient. I like Jane doe jenn's ideas of the category variations. I think putting the swap on Ravelry will get more people if you want more, but I like that this was kept relatively small so we kind of got to know one another. I've also been trying to guess who my giver is!

You've been a great hostess!

kasiaiscarly said...

i would definitely have new categories for the next round! and maybe the swap just seems small because not everyone participating is really vocal on the group blog. we have 47 people! (50 signed up, but 3 were dropped). i don't think i could handle more than that for matching!

Anonymous said...

I want to add my two cents in too, this has been the most fun swap I've participated in and I haven't even received my goodies yet. I had an absolute blast "stalking" then finding things for my partner. I'd love to participate in another swap like this one. You've been a great hostess.

Sally Comes Unraveled said...

I'd like another.

I should be on time, but I'm waiting for a package to arrive that's part of my swap package. I'll keep you posted.

Paula said...

I think you've done a fine job as hostess. I think I'd like to do this again (she said nervously, wondering what her pal thought of her swap).

Leah said...

Definitely another one! I also loved getting to know someone through their blog, and posting anonymously. The categories were just broad enough to be challenging and fun! And this blog was very friendly and enthusiastic. I'm in! And thanks again for the fantastic job you did hosting.

Kathy R said...

This has been great! It was fun, sometimes challenging, to think of items for the various categories. I like the fact that we can all post on the blog. It helps get to know each other. I hope you'll host again.

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Yes! What everyone else has said! I really enjoyed trying to come up with solutions that worked for the categories and at the same time fit with my swap victim.

knitfitt aka Cate

Kathleen C. said...

Oh yah... ditto.

And I'm sure I'll be on time. I ought to be able to finish up this weekend... I am finished with a handmade item and I wanted to wait until the last minute to get a few perishable kinda items.