Saturday, March 1, 2008

BEST PACKAGE EVER!

My wonderful, delightful, sweet and funny swap pal, Lisa, sent me what I can in total honesty tell you is the best swap package I've ever received. This package is so gigantically chock-a-block with thoughtful gifts that it took two pictures to capture them all:





Will you look at that!!! Here's the breakdown:

Something local: Persephone Bag pattern (designed by a Texan) along with enough yarn to make it!!! Four skeins of lush and gorgeous Rowan big wool in a beautiful butterscotchy-orangey color that I love.

Something round: lovely freshwater pearl stitch markers.

Something Green: 2 skeins of Rowan Cotton Glace in fresh, springy green, "The Green Book: The Everyday Guide to Saving the Planet One Simple Step at a Time" (which I have wanted to own and look forward to reading with my daughter),  and divine-smelling Green Tea soap.

4. Something "T": "Thank Ewe" thank you cards.  

5. Something Funny: I laughed out loud at this one--a pattern for "Bob Marley's Grandma's Footies"--and Lisa's comment that sent me over the edge was "How could anyone possibly know if his grandma would have ever made this pattern?" Lisa, you are a riot.  She also sent along four skeins (yes, four skeins!!!) total of Cotton Glace to make these--the green, and a plum color.  Wow.  Cotton Glace is my all-time fave yarn.

6. Something hard: Kenya Coffee Beans (for the coffee fanatic that I am!)

7. Spoiler's Choice--Texas Theme: "Quotable Texas Women" book, fabulous black bean and corn salsa and black-eyed pea dip, and a Texas key ring.  I love the Texas theme, because I have a special connection to Texas through my husband, so this was perfect for me.

WAIT--it's not over yet--she sent extras for me: Ghirardelli squares, the dark collection (daughter Ella and I love 'em), Citrus soak for my hand-knits, a gorgeous, delicate lavender sachet, and a white tea soap.

KEEP READING--and, last but not least, Lisa included treats for my Ella--a rubber duckie in a bunny suit (we collect funny rubber duckies, Lisa), an egg-shaped bath fizzie, and a decorated egg-shaped lolly.  Ella was so happy to be included!

The best part of this whole experience was meeting Lisa.  It's funny, but after awhile the Anonymous comments stopped coming on my blog, and this wonderful lady started visiting me--but I never guessed that she was my secret pal!!! It has been so great getting to know you, Lisa.  Thank you for such a thoughtful and incredibly generous package.  Might I say one more time, BEST PACKAGE EVER!


6 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

Oh my word! That is a totally fantastic and HUGE package!

Kathy R said...

Our Texas salsas are getting sent to all sorts of places in this swap!

yarnmaniac said...

Wow!!!

Martha G said...

Fabulous package!

Lisa said...

Leah - it was totally my pleasure. I had such a hard time remembering to be stealth that I just gave up. When I knew that you had a Texas connection that made the process even easier. I'm glad that the duck serves two purposes. I found them at Cost Plus. They have a few other Easter themed ones. Let me know if there's not one near you and I'll get you the others....

Anonymous said...

That's a really cool story! I love that she was able to keep it a secret! Great Package!