Sunday, March 9, 2008

I got my package from the Knitters Scavenger Hunt

Cross posted at Knitters Scavenger Hunt and Sally Comes Unraveled.

I got my package for the Knitters Scavenger Hunt on Friday. Actually, it may have been sitting in the office of my apartment complex for a couple of days before I picked it up. Normally I get a little note in my mailbox letting me know when I have a package, but I didn't get it this time. It's a good thing I checked.

My package was from Jessica.

Here is how the categories broke down, starting in the upper left corner and moving clockwise:

Something green - Beaded Stitch Markers. These had a nifty tag, but no name. I wonder who made them.
Something related to the letter 'T' - T-Pins for blocking. These are helpful, because I never seem to have enough T-Pins.
Something hard (stop giggling)- Sock blocker key chain.
Something round - Plymouth Happy Feet sock yarn in color 6. It's soft and machine washable.
Bonus - The nifty little bucket that my sock yarn came in. I had to take the yarn out of the bucket so I could photograph it.
"Spoiler's choice" - Handmade Joy Lotion Bars. I've seen bar lotion before, but I've never used it. Do you just rub it all over your body? Also, I'd like to know who made them. These is will come in handy, because my skin gets pretty dry this time of year.
Bonus - Temporary Tattoos.
Something funny - Part One - Nuts about Squirrels pattern for knitted felted squirrels, by Debbie Radtke.
Something funny - Part Two (in the center) - Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted in Ash (left) and Stone (right) for knitting the squirrels.
Something local - Birch and Black Walnut Knitting Needles from "A Yarn Good Idea" in Eau Claire, WI. These are US Size 8. I'd like to know more about the origin of these needles. Jessica said they were "sort of" local.

Many thanks, Jessica. If you want a closer look, go here and see the picture on Flickr. Also, you can see what I got my partner here.

I also wanted to include links for Zen String and the main Entrelac store where I got some of the gifts for my swap partner. I always like to promote local crafters.

3 comments:

Jane Doe Jenn said...

Thanks for putting in all those links, I love those squirrels! they are so cute! It looks like your swap partner put a lot of thought into this package.

Lisa said...

Great looking package! Knitted squirrels.....I need to make one of those for my mom. Thanks for al lthe links too!

Jess P. said...

Sally- The lotion bars and the stitch markers were made by me. Just rub the lotion all over, the heat from your skin will help to melt the bar. I don't know much about the needles, just that they were bought at Yellow Dog Knitting in Eau Claire, WI. It's about 2 1/2 hours south of where I live.

-Jess